Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cat Scratch Fever

So it turns out that I've got the Bartonella virus. Otherwise known as Cat Scratch Fever.

Its horrible.

Everything hurts.

In fact, I was in so much pain that I actually cried for a few minutes. Not the sobbing sort of, "Crap my leg is gone." kind of cry but more like the kind of gentle weeping you do when you have cat scratch fever and you've been in wicked pain for two weeks.


Dawn has been a great help during this time. I'm lucky to have a strong wife. She puts up with my moaning and groaning and generally does what she can to keep me comfortable.

OH! And my turkeys ran off with a flock of wild turkeys yesterday. I watched them disappear into the woods together. It was actually kind of nice to see them with a large group of their own kind. Well, my turkeys were white and black  and brown and white so they stuck out pretty easily. I guess they were with their own kind because they were all turkeys but the plumage colors were so vastly different that you could spot them a mile away. I'm sure this will be a disadvantage for them in the wild. There wasn't any way for me capture them once they flew out of their enclosure so I can't be entirely to blame. Maybe they will come back when they get hungry. I still put their feed out for them.

So, in the end, I'm light two pet turkeys and got a wicked case of Cat Scratch Fever.

This summer is taking its toll on me. In fact, North Carolina has been pretty rough on me all around.
Oh, well. Its beautiful, peaceful, and aside from the ticks, fleas, cat bites and lost pets I think I'm gonna like it here.

Wish me luck as we move into Fall. Something tells me I'm going to need it!




No comments:

Post a Comment