Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hurricane Sandy, 3:45 AM Eastern 10/28/2012

Well, I decided to keep a journal of the events where I live and those here on the "right coast" as hurricane Sandy makes her way toward us. My sincere hope is that I will have the most boring things to report. Unfortunately I don't think that will be the case. The weatherman has some bleak things to say lately. They are known to be wrong from time to time but something tells me that the size of this storm is going to do a hell of a lot more than what I'm used to in Wisconsin. I think Sandy will make me long for "lake effect" snow instead of the trouble she seems to be brewing up for us.

I stepped outside to see what the weather was like a few minutes ago and its WINDY. It was a gust of wind that woke me up actually. I remember this kind of wind. Its the strange kind you get at the front of a hurricane. The wind starts and stops, swirls and seems like it doesn't know what it wants to do. Thunderstorms usually have wind that comes from one direction. Hurricanes have strange wind patterns in the beginning part of the storm. Its creepy and it's been blowing like this for two days.

Lets see what the daylight brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment